Thursday, 10 August 2017

Zucchini - Courgette Orzo Pasta Salad

There is nothing fancy about this Orzo Pasta Salad, though I must admit it is quite colourful.
It was made last week for the working week, again making the most of my Zucchini aka courgettes growing in my garden, this time the stripy kind called Courgette Squash Striato di Napoli.  
I say its not fancy as its made with odd bits of vegetable either in the fridge or the vegetable basket like red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and wilting rocket.  The dressing is simple made with equal part good olive oil and white wine vinegar and seasoned to taste.  I usually throw in some chopped cucumber, but that is where the Zucchini comes into play, it replaces the cucumber for crunch.
I am sharing this simple Roasted Zucchini and Popped Black Bean Salad with Soups, Salads and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.  

14 comments:

  1. 'Nothing Fancy' pasta is the best! This is so colourful and fresh Shaheen. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the freshness of this salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks quite fancy with all the colorful veggies. I bet it is good with cucumbers as well. Really versatile recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must like this salad Debra, you commented twice - made me smile.

      Delete
  4. The colours are so summery. I'm a big fan of orzo - I love the texture, the way it has a bit of resistance under your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey, indeed very summery though it has not felt that way this summer :) Orzo is a firm fave of my husband, he likes it - hence the more I am using it for lunches like this

      Delete
  5. This makes me think of the M&S orzo salad that I always think a waste to buy (and so never do) as it doesn't have much in it. Yours is much nicer and obviously all the better for being homemade and thus not overpriced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. I agree - i have seen the M&S versions, and confess I do go there sometimes to see what they have for inspiration, but this salad though I am pleased you like, its a little uninspiring but at least i am using homegrown glut of courgettes, and yes agree not overprices at all.

      Delete
  6. I love orzo salads and this one looks fresh, colorful, and delicious. Thank you for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do like orzo in our home, so it often features in salads.

      Delete
  7. love the colours in the salad - imagine this would last well for a few lunches or dinners - no salads lately here but this makes me long for spring to get my salad mojo happening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna. The weather her is changeable, i think summer is over and we have not really had much of it, but i will not grumble - i am an autumn babe really.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You