Saturday, 1 April 2017

March #EatYoursGreens Round Up

April has crept up on me so quickly.  March was really busy for me for some reason its come and gone.  Gosh time does fly when your busy
We have  6 gorgeous green recipes  to share for #EatYourGreens. 
The first Eat Your Greens recipe comes from Gluten Free Alchemist.  Kate brought to the table an Iron Rich Spinach and Parsley Green Houmous.  This gorgeous  green houmous is super simple if you have all the ingredients to hand and is very very versatile - try it spread on crispy bread or simply dip in.
The second recipe comes from VNutrition, Mary Ellen shares with us her vegan version of a classic Irish dish - Colcannon.  This velvety soup is made with potatoes and kale, perfect for St Patrick's Day or any other time of the year.  And guess what the natural creaminess comes from cashew nuts!
Laura from Touch Wood joins us with her hearty and nutritious bowl of Leek Potato and Spinach Soup.  Wow, don't you want to tuck in.  I also love how Laura has garnished her soup with avocado slices, yogurt, oil and flax seeds.


From Lisa's Kitchen we have a Spicy Brown Lentil Soup with Broccoli. This is a nourishing and warming bowl.  I do love how the broccoli is strewn over the pebbly lentils in little pieces giving this Lentil soup additional vegetable goodness.
The Veg Hog my lovely co-host was inspired by a recipe in Mat Follas cookbook Vegetable Perfection.  She shared with us a vegetarian Green Gnocchi made with Kale.  Kale is my favourite green and these gnocchi bite delight with colour and flavour covered in a crispy sage butter sauce, as well as an additional tomato garlic sauce and a baked cheese twirl.
And finally, my own contribution which was a  Black Kale and Chickpea Pot Pies.  I had a busy March like I said earlier and was really worried whether I would participate in my own challenge, but did manage it Thank goodness.  

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to #EatYourGreens, please do take time to visit and comment on every contributors recipe if you can, I know it will be appreciated.   The #EatYourGreens challenge in April will be hosted by my blogging co-host The Veg Hog,  Follow this link on how to participate. 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely selection - I am kicking myself that I didn't send anything in last month but it has been a crazy month and I have not kept up with blog evnts as much as I liked to. Most of the greens we have been eating have been baby spinach on the side of a plate but I could have sent in my salad that I posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna. That's okay, I nearly missed out on joining in myself and I am the host. I too have had a busy month, I have neglected some of my blog reads recently too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful recipes, so much inspiration! I can't believe either that it's April already... but on to a new month of cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and yes April already - the year is flying.

      Delete
  3. Loving the recipes this month (as always!) Those gnocchi in particular are calling my name. I'm always a bit leery of making them because they always seem to hard to make - I think I need to step up my gnocchi game and give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection! It seems like ages since I managed to join in. Must do better in future.
    Thanks for hosting though..... always good to see everyone's green efforts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate.
      Your always very welcome and its always nice to see your gf contribution

      Delete
  5. Everything looks so delicious Shaheen! So many choices I don't know which to try first. Thank you for featuring my soup. I love how you focus on getting people to eat their greens - not enough people do, including me now that I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ellen. I am so pleased that you joined in and yes, do eat your greens.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You