Thursday, 28 November 2013

We Love Wee Scottish Vegetarian Bites

For those of you still wondering what to make for your Vegetarian St Andrews Day, may I offer a little bit of inspiration from the traditional Scottish vegetarian fare.

For a starter:
Haggis Bon Bons or Haggis Pakora Bites
Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with haggis
For the main:
Portobello Mushroom and Haggis Lasagne
Vegan Haggis, Neep and Tattie Pie

For dessert:
Vegetarian Irn Bru Jelly
And I hope Elizabeth from Elizabeths Kitchen, doesn't mind me sharing her Shetland Flag Fairy Cakes, as I believe they can easily be tweaked to becoe the Scottish flag.

For snacks or light nibbles
Haggis Pasty from Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes.
Haggis Nachos from Johanna's blog Green Gourmet Giraffe.

Happy St Andrews Day - my Scottish friends and readers

7 comments:

  1. I bet those Haggis Pakora Bites are amazing - especially with a chilli salsa to dip them in! :-)
    My MIL has developed a big love for Haggis (the meat version), so I must tell her about these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark. I actually like them with a cooling mint yogurt, but yes, chilli salsa would be lovely too for extra kick.PS You can make any of these with the REAL meat version.

      Delete
  2. everything looks fantastic. that lasagna...to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily, its so great to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. All the recipes are delicious, it makes me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog! I will always try to reply, even if its a simple Thank you.
You can also find me on;
Twitter: @SeasonalShaheen